Dining Room Bookcases

Thursday, September 10, 2015

(This is a repost from my old blog, but it was so popular, I wanted to include it here!)

I got the Dining Room put back together this weekend.  Looking at the finished product, I can't believe I waited so long to finish them off.  I didn't think I could have the bookcases in this room with my table, but I love the final result.  

I have been collecting white dishware and dinnerware for over a year now from yard sales and the clearance aisles of Target and other stores.  I have a slight addiction to it.  But now I am able to see it all and easily pull it out without going to several different locations in my house.  Hopefully that will help me entertain more.

It's got a little French Grey + Burlap, so I'm happy!





This is a before picture below.  I mentioned in a previous post that this was originally a dining room, but it had been converted to a playroom.  These were the basic pieces in the playroom, though this photo was taken right before we got new flooring.  Thus the sparse looking space.



In the future, I'll have to show how I attached the bookcases to the wall.


I've been wanting some open shelving for dishware ever since I saw Layla's over at The Lettered Cottage.  I have yet to take the doors off any kitchen cabinets, but I do have plans to add some open cabinetry soon!  Then some of the shelving here will convert back to books.  For now, this is what's on the shelves. 



The drink dispenser is one of my favorite things that I found at Marshall's about a year ago.  I added a tag from Jones Design Company  with some jute twine and stamped 'drink up' on it.  This is also the bookcase that has the thermostat inside it.  My little plant hides it.


Nicely tucked away!


This is the center bookcase, and I really love the little fern.  I think a little greenery adds life to a room.





The bookcase nearest the window holds my candles, outdoor dinnerware, and more natural elements.  





I love natural colors and textures.  When my son and I go to the park, we love to collect leaves, pine cones, acorns--you name it.  It brings a garden feel to an indoor space.  And since it's fall, it's nice to bring those elements in since cooler weather will be here soon. 



Thanks for stopping by, and let me know what you think!

Update: Many of you asked about the paint color.  It was a color I custom mixed.  Although it probably matches a color in some paint line, I couldn't find it at the time I was looking for the perfect grey.  Below is a pic of the formula from the paint can.  I had it mixed in the Glidden brand in a Satin finish.  I hope this helps!




Linking up to: Tutes and Tips at Home Stories A to Z, Tuesdays Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style, Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chick, Hookin Up with HoH with House of Hepworths


You Might Also Like

0 comments